Friday, April 23, 2010

Endings and Beginnings

Wow wow wow. I cannot believe that it is nearly May and I am in my last week of teaching and living in Nice. Friday the weather was grey and my mood matched it; I was just feeling so depressed to leave. I have 3 days left of teaching, then I will have a fun 10 days with Melissa in Dublin (and 2 in Edinburgh), then I'm back in Nice for a short week to wrap things up and hopefully catch some of the Cannes festival. May 18th I repatriate and begin a whole new chapter.

I did receive a nice little gift in the form of a large cloud of volcanic ash. While the rest of Europe was up in smoke, I was granted an extra week without my roommate (best present of all! The apartment was much more relaxed without her). Then, due to cancelled plans I welcomed a fellow Crozetian and 2 more UVA students who are studying in Lyon. It was like a mini mid-week vacation. Two days later, several hours in the sun, good food, and a nice sunburn later, my guests leave and I am reminded of all the tasks to do before leaving.

There is a possibility that this is my last post before returning to the States. I make no promises, but I do tend to get more nostalgic and thoughtful during transitions. I know I have learned and grown so much here. And I am dreading the return, but I know I will be happy once I get there. I just need to start planning my next return to France. I do not know if I will have another opportunity to live here for an extended period, and that makes me sad. I think I'll have some things to blog about this summer... the transition period. I also have a lot of goals (besides GET A JOB) that include more cooking experiments, learning to drive stick, etc. and I can blog about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment