Friday, September 25, 2009

Expatriation

Well, in 48 hours I will be boarding a plane headed for Frankfurt and then Nice where I will be for the next 8 months. I'm not even done packing yet, but I do have a place to stay for the first 3 nights.

I'm looking forward to: living by the Mediterranean again, poulet sandwiches, living my life, finding a cute apartment and hopefully roommates and friends, possible travels, seeing old friends all over Europe (Paris, Lyon, Italy), vacations

I'm anxious about: snobby french people, not finding apt, roommate, friends; monetary issues, missing friends, family; how teaching will go, etc.


I will try to keep stories on this blog so if my plans of recording my adventures in a diary fail (as they did last time), then I at least have you, dear internet.



"But here, upon this bank and shoal of time,/ We'd jump the life to come" Macbeth I, vii, 6-7

1 comment:

  1. You know what I just realized. We're both looking for a place to live in France. What if, just a thought, we looked together? I'm basically out of money at the moment but I am looking for a job.. with little luck. But it's just a thought. If you like the idea you should reply on facebook because I don't think it would notify me from here..

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete