Monday, September 28, 2009

Jetlagged Haze

Showered, napped, and ate-- now I can update my blog.

Loooong trip. Sat beside a sweet newlywed couple to Frankfurt. Couldn't sleep despite Benadryl. Landed in Frankfurt. Loooong line at passport check at 5am local/11pm est. Extremely tired for flight to Nice. 100+ lbs over 3 bags = really rough time getting on a bus etc. to get to hostel. I think my arms may fall off. Villa St. Exupery is a really nice hostel. Emily joins me tomorrow and we move hostels on wednesday. I slept, despite all advice not to; may have to take 2 benadryl tonight, but I needed the sleep. Am glad that was able to communicate in French without too much difficulty thus far. Reading about Julia Child keeps me optimistic; she adored France even more than I do.

Thought I would have more to say, but I am still rather foggy.
A plus mes amis!

No comments:

Post a Comment