Monday, October 5, 2009

Come and knock on our door...

Cheesy, I know, but I'm just so excited to have found a place. I knew that none of the places from Friday or Saturday that we visited would be good enough for the price. Today, we went to the agency that usually deals with the Maryland in Nice program and asked them about a 2 room apartment. We went to see it at 5 and had signed the contract and everything by 7. It's very central- Boulevard Victor Hugo. We have our own entrance, as it's on the first floor. You walk into the common room, a small kitchen/dining is on the right. We have 2 couches that pull out (I think) and then Hessina and I share the bedroom. We each have our own bed, so it shouldn't be a big deal. Although we had to pay the agency fees, it still works out to be about the same as the other peoples' apartments and I think it's totally worth it. Plus, the pull out couches mean that anyone can come visit and have a free place to stay! Book your flights now!

Rewind, the first part of my day I went to present myself to my school. It's right off the tramway, a 10 minute walk. I met the secretary and then a few people from the English department. They are really nice already. One teacher that I met said that if she had known I'd been in a hostel, she would have put me up and then offered to go out to dinner later this week since I do not know many people in Nice yet. Then, I went around with another teacher, meeting more teachers, seeing the library, etc.

Tomorrow I will go observe some classes. Then, I hope to open a bank account and at 5 o'clock we move in!!! No more hostel!

ps. leave me some love people, I like to know who is reading my blog :)

1 comment: