Monday, October 26, 2009

Toussaint

I've successfully completed 2 weeks of my teaching assistantship, and in true French fashion, I now have a week and a half of vacation for the Toussaint (All Saint's Day) holiday. Wonderful! The only problem is that I can't really travel because I have yet to get paid. Plus, my bank has yet to confirm my address so I haven't gotten my carte bleu yet.

In the spirit of doing free things, Sandra and I spent the day at the beach. It was a gorgeous day-- mid 70's, not too hot. Since it is fall, however, we did not get any color whatsoever. That's fine, a lovely day spent by the Mediterranean still ranks high on my awesome list. We might take a day trip later this week to Antibes or Villefranche.

My latest adventure in the kitchen was pasta with sausage (was supposed to be breakfast sausage; substitute was 2 sausages from toulouse... still v. good) eggplant, feta, and tomato sauce. It was really good! I got the idea to try fondue so I might experiment with that this week. It could be disastrous since I don't have a fondue pot, but we'll see. Then, Friday is Sandra's birthday so I think we'll either make mexican or eat at Poco Loco (amazing mex restaurant) this week.

The water is being bizarre in my 'flat.' Yesterday black, soot-like specks came out while I was showering. Gross! But now I have hardly any water pressure for the hot water. I used to have amazing water pressure! I think there is some sort of construction upstairs. But, now I think I'm going to have to call/go see my landlord and see what's going on. Dread.

p.s. I'm really glad I didn't get a studio. It's already a little lonely here without my roommie. She gets back on Saturday though, so I should enjoy the peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment