Thursday, December 24, 2009

Bleak Midwinter

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

There's nothing like the bazillionth day of rain to get you in the Christmas spirit (can you taste the sarcasm?). Yep, it is still absolutley miserable outside. I can't remember the last time I saw the sun. It has been raining non-stop since after the snow last friday. Before the snow, it was windy, cold and cloudy for days. Spring needs to get here, Pronto!

I started catsitting yesterday. Bootsey has warmed up to me a lot, but I don't think she's a lap-cat or very snuggly. Also, I'm now realizing that it's not the most comfortable of environments, living in someone else's house. I think I will try to split my time between, although Bootsey gets fed 2x per day. No exciting discoveries yet. I think my apt is generally warmer, and I had a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep because their window is on the first floor (rez-de-chaussee) and its so noisy. Oh, and I'm finally using an American QWERTY keyboard again, and it feels so foreign (har har).

Tomorrow's festivities include dinner with my one friend who will be around, Oana, and her boyfriend. She's making a wonderful menu of duck a l'orange, roasted potatoes, etc. I feel a bit intimidated, so I'm offering up some sugar cookies and maybe eggnog if it turns out alright. Then, we may convene to my apt to enjoy Love Actually or Elf, my personal favorite. Tonight, I'm baking(!!!) a quiche lorraine. Mmm.

There will be no Bah Humbug tomorrow, although I do quite wish I were at home celebrating a White Christmas. But, I acknowledge that this will merely be one lackluster Christmas among many spent with my family. I have already thought about people who are not as fortunate as I am, who never get to spend the holidays with their family. Next year, hopefully all will be back to the norm.

Merry Christmas, Ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment