Friday, December 4, 2009

Méfiance

So this is the story about how I will have a hard time trusting anyone from now on.... This week with the grey weather and ants raiding my apt, I began to feel fed up with Nice. I'm just a bit bored, feeling like I've done all of this before. Then, a friend is upset because her boyfriend was cheating on her, and its just not a good week for believing in humanity.

Yesterday, while I was at school, I got a text from my roommate asking if I had a virus on my computer. I was a bit confused, thought maybe it was making noises. I got home an hour later and my roommate tells me that a man came to the door saying my computer had a virus and he had come to fix it. The man said "your blonde roommate" and "her white computer" so Hessina took him as legit. He left the apartment with my computer.

There was no problem with my computer, and so we were scammed. She described the guy to me, and I'm 90% sure it's this man who came to our apt twice while I was there. The first time, he asked if the apartment was to rent. I said no, that I'd be there until april, and he left. The second time he asked the same question-- which struck me as weird. Now, I know that he was following me; he knew the color of my laptop, he knew I was not at home. He knew that my roommate would practically give him my laptop.

The kicker is that we turned down theft insurance because we were poor and it was more expensive... so now I'm up the creek without a paddle. Its been a long year with technology with my cellphone getting stolen, my old laptop dying and a month and a half of picking out a new one. I know Im lucky to be safe and whatnot, but Im just bitter that I cant seem to catch a break. Hrmph.

No comments:

Post a Comment