Saturday, January 16, 2010

Just Call Me Scarlett O'Hara

So, I don't have an update about the roommate situation yet; we both (?!) were out a lot this weekend, so we haven't really had time to talk. But, I did talk to a mutual friend which confirmed a lot of my original thoughts and should make it a little bit easier.

But, I am supposed to go hiking tomorrow unless it rains (comme d'habitude) so I wanted to tell you this story tonight.

Last night, I was walking to my friend Sandra's house and this guy came up behind me, almost peripheral vision, and started trying to talk to me "bonsoir mademoiselle, vous etes belle, etc etc." At first, I just tried to ignore him, but he continued to try to talk to me so about a minute in, I turned around, put on my best southern accent, and said "Oh, I'm sorry, I don't speak Franch." Obviously he then was like "Oh, American" and tried to continue to talk to me in broken English.

I let him try to talk to me for about 2 blocks until I had to turn up Gambetta, but the highlights were when he asked me my name and I said "What do ya wanna know that for?" he gave me a confused look, so I repeated and he said "whaddaya.... oh, its long name." Hah! Then, he asked for my number/wanted me to give him mine and I told him my phone was back in America. And, when I got to Gambetta, he tried to get me to go get a drink or something and I just said "you have a good night" and left.

Although he continued to try to talk to me, I think the Scarlett O'Hara ruse to get out of talking to creepers is something I will keep in my back pocket. It was just fun to play that role and see the look on his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment