Saturday, January 2, 2010

Talkin bout a Resolution

Bonne Année to my friends and family.

As I mentioned in my end of the year post, this coming year is going to be (another) transition year. Many of my resolutions for 2010 have to do with me becoming a 'real adult' and living in the 'real world.'

1. There are several things that I need to accomplish this year. First of all, I hope to have a real French teaching job this fall.

2. I want to force myself to have better posture. Cat told me 2 years ago that a leading cause of belly fat in women is bad posture. Plus, sometimes I get the feeling that I am super-slouchy and that is not a good image.


3. I want to stop eating like a 14yr old boy, at start eating like a 23yr old woman. I still eat whatever and however much I want. I just want to start eating with more moderation, and adding many more veggies.


4. Perhaps counter-intuitive to the previous resolution, but I want to make something worthy of the website this is why youre fat . com Its usually pretty gross, but also pretty impressive the things these people come up with.

5. Cook a Julia Child recipe (thanks for the idea jessica!) Loved Julie & Julia, loved My Life in France by Julia Child; thus, I would like to try at least one of her recipes.


6. Stop buying clothes at Target. I'm a sucker for cheap stuff, but I would rather start buying quality over quantity. That's another 'adult' thing that I need to work on. I've already recruited the bests (leila and ginny) to help me pick out an awesome interview suit when I get back so that I can be the stylish young teacher.

7. Try a new restaurant and discover a new city/town/place every month. While Im in France I need to do some traveling!!! I've only really been to Villefranche and St.Paul so far, and they were super close. I need to do some more traveling while I can! This could pertain to back in the US too; thats why I said place so it could be as simple as a parc or trail or whatever that I haven't been to before. Same thing with restaurants. I want to try new foods and I just love eating out with friends and family. Eventually I will probably be moving to a new-ish city (Richmond or Nova, preferably) and want to find some great new eats.

8. Also, I want to come up with a personalized playlist for 2010. I got the idea from another girl's blog that I stumbled upon. The rules are at the end of each month you add one song to the playlist that you were obsessed with that month; and it can only be ONE song per month. Then, at the end of the year you have a great playlist to use until the 2011 one is done.

Alright, I think 8 is a good number of resolutions for this year. Again, I wish you all a very happy 2010; I hope this year brings you happiness and exciting new happenings :D

2 comments:

  1. Kohl's has good teacher clothes and they are pretty inexpensive. Also, try Belk's when they are having a sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is only fitting that you should cook a Julia Childs recipe while in France. That would be so fun. Bon Apetit!

    ReplyDelete